Spend more time doing, Learning the web stack has never been easier.
Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE WEBSITE. BY USING TEEKSFORGEEKS.COM SERVICE, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND BOUNDED BY THESE TERMS. YOU ALSO AGREE TO REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT PERIODICALLY TO BE AWARE OF MODIFICATIONS TO THE AGREEMENT, WHICH MAY BE MADE AT ANY TIME. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE WILL BE DEEMED YOUR CONCLUSIVE ACCEPTANCE OF ANY MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
Effective: 15 January 2012-01-15 (V0.00)
DefinitionsIn this Agreement, the following terms will have the following meanings, unless the context otherwise requires:
- “Agreement” or “Terms” refers to these Terms and Conditions of Use and any subsequent modifications.
- “Access” or “Accessing” means using, viewing the content or otherwise obtaining information on the Site.
- “T4G” refers to teeksforgeeks.com website (or websites) and underlying software and infrastructure which permits the provision of the Services.
- “User” refers to any party who Accesses the Site, “You” or “Your” refers to the User.
- “Student” refers to a person who procures access to or uses of Course Materials on T4G. A Student is also a “Subscriber”.
- “User Account” means an online account with T4G which enables You to use teeksforgeeks.com
- “Personal Information” has the same meaning as defined in the Australian Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) or any other analogous legislation relating to privacy and data protection
- “Instructor” means a person who prepares and offers for sale Course Materials via T4G.
- “Commission Balance” refers to the total amount of the Instructor Fees (as calculated by T4G at a particular point in time) which may be redeemed for US dollars or other currencies.
- “Services” means the services provided by T4G which are described in clause 2.
- “Premium Content” refers to Priced training videos and other media available on T4G.
- “Standard Content” means the training videos and other media available for free.
- “Virtual labs” spin up servers on the cloud, that are configured with the right software and configuration for your practicing content.
- “User Content” means any user-generated content submitted to T4G such as comments, feedback, discussion or other information, data or materials in any format.
- “Course Materials” means any materials, data and documentation submitted by an Instructor as a necessary step of an online course (including without limitation electronic, audio, video or other formats) but excludes User Content.
- “Submitted Content” means “User Content” & “Course Materials” in compound.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means all intellectual property rights of any type whatsoever throughout the world including without limitation all present and future rights in relation to copyright, inventions, patent rights, trade marks, designs, domain names, know how, and plant breeder rights, whether or not such rights are registered or able to be registered for the entire life of those rights and any renewals.
- “Third Party Work” means any image, logo, artistic work, literary work or other item or thing in which the Intellectual Property Rights are owned by a third party.
- “Payment Device” means any method of payment specified by T4G from time to time, which may include VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diners Club, PayPal, Debit
- You agree that You will only use the Personal Information of other Instructors or Students as expressly permitted under this Agreement and for sole purpose of interacting with them in relation to the Services. Unless separately agreed between You and another Student or Instructor, You must not use their Personal Information for any other purpose.
- You warrant to T4G and its third party providers that You will comply with all privacy laws and data protection laws (including, without limitation, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) in relation to the storage, collection, use, disclosure and transfer of Personal Information.
Your access to and use of the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Through our Site and Software, we provide online services relating to the development of and supply of access to Course Materials, in accordance with and subject to, the terms and conditions of this Agreement
- You, as a User of the Services, may use the Services in the capacity as a Student, Instructor or both a Student and an Instructor. The terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to Your use of the Services in either or both of those capacities (as the case may be).
- You are responsible for Your use of the Services, for any Content you post to the Services, and for any consequences thereof. The Content you submit, post, or display will be able to be viewed by other Users of the Services and through Third Party Services and Websites
- Having sufficient and compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment, Internet service and all telephony and/or other fees and costs associated with your Access to and use of the Services remains Your solely responsibility.
Our intention is to consistently add to and improve our Services. We may update, add, or remove products without prior notice to you; we may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you.
T4G is only an online marketplace of Instructors, Students, Universities and other interested organizations. We do not hire or employ Instructors nor are we responsible or liable for any interactions involved between the Instructors and their respective clients. We are not responsible for disputes, claims, losses, injuries, or damage of any kind that might out of or relate to conduct of Instructors or Users.
The Website is provided “as is”. We hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither T4G nor its Instructors and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
We do not guarantee in any manner the reliability, validity, accuracy or truthfulness of Submitted Content. You also understand that by using the Site you may be exposed to Submitted Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. By using the Site, you hereby represent and warrant that you are located in the U.S. or are otherwise in a country where it is lawful to do so.
In no event will T4G be liable that your access to the site will be uninterrupted, error-free, virus-free or completely secure. under no circumstances and under no legal theory (tort, contract or otherwise) shall T4G or any of its affiliates, Instructors, Agents, Employees, Shareholders, Directors, Officers, Third Party Content Providers, Successors Or Assigns be liable to you or any other person or entity for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any character, including without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, loss of data, loss of productivity or contract, or any and all other commercial damages or losses.
This disclaimer is applicable to any damage or injury resulting from the negligence or an omission of T4G, computer virus or other similar item, telecommunications errors, or unauthorized access to or use of user information through theft or any other means. T4G is not liable for criminal, tortuous, or negligent actions or omissions of third parties that affect this site.
4. Instructors Obligations
As an Instructor registered with the Site, you agree that:
- Assume all responsibility for the content you provide in respect of the reliability, accuracy, completeness, currency and fitness of the information; In connection with the Course Material you provide, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights and your Course Materials do not infringe any third party rights and all of your content to enable inclusion and use of the content in the manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms of Service.
- Warrant that it has the required qualifications, credentials and expertise to prepare, offer and teach the subject matter of the Course Materials it provides, including any relevant education, training and/or industry experience.
- You will keep Your Data up-to-date, and respond to users seeking your services in a timely fashion, and must promptly rectify any errors in the Course Materials upon becoming aware of an error or upon the request.
- No interfering with or otherwise prevent other Instructors from providing Course Materials or other teaching services
- You will not post any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, sex-related, false, defamatory or libelous content nor distribute viruses, post spam, chain mails or other such data.
- Acknowledges and agrees that T4G may refuse to publish or suspend any Course Materials, or alter the title or other parts of the Course Materials in its absolute discretion;
- You are prevented from using the Site for any business other than for providing tutoring, teaching and instructional services, and you will not copy, modify or distribute Company Content from our Site, including trademarks and copyrights;
- You shall not use this Site or act as an Instructor, if you are in a state or local where any form of educating requires a license or other form of governmental permission, until such license and permission is obtained.
5. Students Obligation
As a User engaging to our Services, you agree that you will:
- May use the Course Materials for their personal use only and for no other purpose
- If you are under the age of 18, get parent or legal guardian consent before using the Site.
- You will not distribute or post spam, chain mails or any such data, manipulate or interfere with the Site.
- Distribute or post any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, sex-related, false, defamatory or libelous content to the Site;
- Must not copy or disseminate the Course Materials (or any part thereof) or any User Content to any person without our prior express written permission
- Following payment of the Student Fee will be granted access to the relevant Course Materials for a period of time as described on T4G.
- Immediately report this to us by phone and in writing; if any Instructor ever discloses or asks you for any personal information, or suggests any offline meeting or conversation.
- Acknowledges that T4G may cease to offer enrollments or remove Course Materials at any time, with or without prior notice to You, including Course Materials for which You have already enrolled and paid.
- Acknowledges and agrees that T4G and Instructors make no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, completeness, currency and fitness for purpose of any Course Materials.
To use the Services, you need to create User Account:
- Obtain an account through T4G online sign up process, or any other method specified. When you register, the information you provide to us during the registration process will help us in offering content, customer service, and network management.
- You are solely responsible for keeping confidential and secure any of username(s) and password(s) (collectively, the "Account") and all activities and liabilities associated with or occurring under your Account.
- You warrant that all information provided to teeksforgeeks.com in the setup of Your User Account is true and correct in every detail, and you are not impersonate any person in any way. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if we believe that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account(s) and refuse or restrict any and all current or future use of the Services
- You agree to only maintain one User Account in relation to Your use and must ust notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account and any other breach of security, and be ensure that you exit from your Account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this requirement or as a result of use of your Account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by us or another party due to someone else using your Account.
- All users of the Services must be 18 years of age or older. By creating a User Account, You represent and warrant to T4G that You are 18 years of age or older and You can form legally binding agreements under applicable law.
- You will not resell or sublicense the use of T4G, any Course Materials, User Content or Your User Account to any other person;
- Your User Account or the Services will not be engaged in promoting the services of a competitor.
- You will not use Your User Account to stalk or harass another person, to infringe the copyright, trade mark, patent or other Intellectual Property Rights of any person;
- You will not intentionally or recklessly use Your User Account in a way that degrades the performance of T4G for other users; and/or or denies access to T4G to other users.
7. Submitted Content
Any materials, information, communications or ideas that you upload, communicate or otherwise transmit or post to us, the Site, or the Services by any means will be treated as non-confidential and subject to the license below, and may be disseminated or used by us for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, quality control, redistribution, professional development, as well as our developing, manufacturing, and marketing our current and/or future Services.
You have the right to remove your Submitted Content and/or mark it as "private" such that the Submitted Content will be inaccessible to other users.
By uploading or otherwise making available any Submitted Content, you automatically grant and/or warrant that the owner has granted to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, world-wide, irrevocable, transferable license with the right to grant sublicenses through multiple tiers of sublicenses to publicly display, publicly perform, distribute, store, syndicate, broadcast, reproduce, edit, modify, create derivative works, and otherwise use and reuse your Submitted Content (or any portion or derivative works thereof) in any manner, in any medium, for any purpose to the extent required to modify or deliver the Services.
This license enables us to provide the Services and provide access to the Submitted Content and is not intended to otherwise limit your rights to the Content.
We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations hereof, or detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues .
Registering, browsing for Courses and take standard courses is free. T4G will rely on 2CheckOut.com to manage payments and credit transfers, the website will store credit card information, allowing one click recharge for user credit, Instructors will determine a fee for a course. We do charge a commission on every completed transaction using the Site that you agree to for using the Services. We may choose to temporarily change the fees for our Services, and such changes are effective when you consent to the changes.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars. Instructors are responsible for paying all cash transfer fees associated with T4G and their bank accounts with in a timely manner with a valid payment method. Cash transfer fees are 0.3% of total transfer value with a minimum of $5. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. (This includes charging other payment methods on file with us and retaining collection agencies and legal counsel)
9. Copyrights, Trademarks and Other Proprietary Rights
T4G respects all worldwide rights in the intellectual property in and on the Site, including, but not limited to, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, inventions, ideas, trade secrets, the source code, the HTML code, the "look and feel" of the Site, its color combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements, and the copyrights in and to its original content and expects users of the Services to do the same.
You should assume that the Software, the technology underlying the Services, and all other software, designs, materials, information, communications, text, graphics, links, electronic art, animations, illustrations, artwork, audio clips, video clips, photos, images, and other data or copyrightable materials, including the selection and arrangements thereof, provided or made available to you in connection with the Site, the Software or the Services are the proprietary works of us and/or our affiliated and/or third party providers and suppliers and are protected, without limitation, pursuant to U.S. and foreign copyright laws. Except as expressly stated on the Site or in these Terms
You grant a non-exclusive license to Students to access and use Your Course Materials in accordance with this Agreement.
T4G does not warrant or represent that it has undertaken any particular investigation or review as to whether any Course Materials supplied by a Instructor infringes any Intellectual Property Rights held by a third party
T4G reserve the rights to terminate a User’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the User is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of T4G or others.
T4G will not be liable or responsible for any breach by a Instructor or Student of any Intellectual Property Rights held by a third party in relation to any Course Materials, Services or other use of teeksforgeeks.com
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide us a notice with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice to us is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Any unauthorized or prohibited use of the Software, other Company Content, the Site or the Services may subject You to civil liability and criminal prosecution under applicable federal and state laws if proven;
- You copy, reproduce, publish, perform, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, circulate, modify, create derivative works of, rent, lease, sell, assign, sublicense, otherwise transfer, display, transmit, compile or collect in a database, or in any manner commercially exploit the Site, Company Content or the Services, in whole or in part.
- You in any manner, without our prior written approval, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code of, the Software or any other Company Content, the Site or the Services.
- You store any significant portion of any Company Content or the Services in any form, whether archival files, computer-readable files or any other medium. You may not "mirror" any Company Content or the Services on any server.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. Because we have no control over Third Party Sites You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources.
further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, advertising, products, services or other materials available on or through any Third Party Sites or for any mistakes, defamation, libel, slander, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography, or profanity they may contain
You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
11. Limitation of Liability
In no event and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law will T4G, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for any special, incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of data or profit, arising out or relating to the use, or the inability to use, the company content, the site, the services or any portion thereof; the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or For any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to T4G under this agreement. We are not responsible for disputes, claims, losses, injuries, or damage of any kind that might arise out of or relate to conduct of Instructors or users.
User agrees to defend, indemnify and otherwise hold harmless T4G and and our affiliates, officers, directors, agents, partners, employees, licensors, representatives and third party providers (including our affiliates' respective officers, directors, agents, partners, employees, licensors, representatives, and third party providers and assigns from and against any cause of action or claim, including court costs, expenses and attorney fees, related to or arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to fully cooperate with such defense and in asserting any available defenses.
13. Refund Policy
Once a user subscribes to a tutorial from teeksforgeeks.com or one of our other registered domains, the sale is final. No refunds or exchanges of purchases is allowed.
T4G is an independent service provider to You. You and T4G are not partners, joint ventures or principal and agent. You do not have the power to bind T4G in relation to any obligation owing to a third party.
This agreement is governed by, and must be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the California Superior Court, County of Santa Barbara or the United States District Court for the Central District of California
T4G may amend the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time. Such amendments will take effect from the date of their notification to You ("Amendment Date"). You agree that without limiting the ways in which You may be bound by such amendments, You will be deemed to have agreed to such amendments by making use of or accessing Your User Account or The Site or our Services after the Amendment Date.
The parties acknowledge and agree that no rule of construction applies to the disadvantage of a party because that party was responsible for the preparation of this Agreement or part of it.
The failure of T4G to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect
EFFECTIVE DATE: 15th of January, 2012